This is a personal blog site. It is not an official government site, nor is it endorsed by any governing body or institution.

Monday 17 June 2013

What is This Blog About?

When I was involved with founding, establishing and promoting the Canadian Fallen Firefighters Foundation much of what we did involved contacting and dealing with governments in Canada. We dealt with governments at all levels in the country. This included city governments, which could be classified as township, municipal, urban and so on; territorial governments, provincial governments and the federal government. Of course, we were involved with the fire service departments of government. In addition to that we dealt with a variety of departments as well as representatives at all levels.

That experience gave me an education in the democratic process in Canada as well as a view of the dynamic interrelationship that exists among the governments in the different regions of the country and at the different levels. My opinion has always been that government exists to serve the people of the country and my experience has proven that to be very much the case.

Experience has also shown me that people often express frustration with their governments. I think some of this frustration arises because of a lack of knowledge regarding how to get in touch with, communicate with and access government. I hope that as this blog site grows that I can provide people who visit it with information that will help them to do that.